For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.
Mark 10:45 NLT
.. Those who are the greatest among you should take the lowest rank, and the leader should be like a servant.
Luke 22:26 NLT
Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus ..
Philippians 1:1 KJV
Paul and Timothy introduced themselves as “servants of Jesus”.
- Only the humble will serve and will receive the benefits and blessings!
- Pride will evacuate from a heart of a servant.
- Humility is not about thinking too little of yourself, but holding to the truth of God’s Word, and owning it personally!
- Sometimes godliness and boldness is mistaken for arrogance by those who have pride in their hearts.
- Expression is guaranteed from a heart full of the Holy Ghost.
- The same way arrogance masquerades as humility.
- Seek for fruit: lack of fruit is not humility.
- Leadership is not pretending to be nothing, or neither is it pretending to be someone. It is a quality of heart that the blood of Jesus has made new, the Word has washed, and is set ablaze by the Spirit.
Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.
Philippians 2:3 NLT
Only true, real and raw living as a servant of God will show the heart of a servant.
Moses and the meek spirit:
Israelites refused to believe God’s Word, and by doing so despised the Lord, and abandoned Him. Moses must of felt tired and frustrated – yet he interceded for Israel.
Please, Lord, prove that your power is as great as you have claimed. For you said, The Lord is slow to anger and filled with unfailing love, forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion ..
Numbers 14:17-18 NLT
One view of meekness is having within your power to bring judgement, but interceding instead, causing a positive outcome.
Servant of Jesus: following His example, and servant of people in Christ. Having a heart that is pleasing to God – having tremendous joy in serving in God’s house, in your family, and in everything you do, as unto the Lord.
A Life of Service and a life of serving!