We as believers have a new life: a life in Christ!
“For me to live is Christ” Philippians 1:21
As you were born again from above, you became entirely new!
“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
“For neither is circumcision [now] of any importance, nor uncircumcision, but [only] a new creation [the result of a new birth and a new nature in Christ Jesus, the Messiah].” Galatians 6:15 AMPC
This new life in Christ, is a new way of living. Old things are passed away.
Therefore, we must live our life as IN HIM. Christ Jesus is now the centre of our lives.
- Living life by the law of love – being moved by the unselfish love of God (John 13:34)
- In our past life we were ignorant and self centered
- Now in Him, we are moved by Love
- Demonstrating the same kind of love Jesus loved us within earth
- Walking by faith and not by sight (2. Cor. 5:7)
- Light of the God’s Word is shining to every area of our lives
- Fear and worry is no longer, there is no room
- We are not to be spectators of our lives, but by faith taking charge
In your old life you did not work, or study, or have any direction in life. Days were spent playing games, sleeping long, and having someone else cover the expenses (maybe parents, government benefits, spouse).
But now as a new creation, you no longer yield to the flesh and your natural cravings. The Word instructs you to take responsibility and to use your hands for good. The Love of God is in operation in your life, as you yield to the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit testifies with your spirit of better things. Your life has meaning, value and purpose. You do things as unto the Lord, working with excellence, with willingness and having great joy. You become a blessing to everyone around you. You no longer depend on others to care for you, but you become a source of joy for others.
This new life includes good daily things, that become habits:
- Feasting on the Word: daily Bible reading, studying and speaking it out (Joshua 1:8)
- Praying in the Holy Ghost (Jude 20)
- Yielding to the Spirit of God (Romans 6:13)
Fruitful thoughts – clean mind that is set apart for Kingdom use.
Profitable words – building your life and lives of others.
Actions that glorify your heavenly Father!
“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20 KJV