“And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died. We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet him ahead of those who have died. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the believers who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. So encourage each other with these words.”
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 NLT
We should be ready, having an urgency for time is coming to an end!
Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matthew 24:44 KJV
Peter’s letter details it as following:
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2 Peter 3:10 KJV
Paul writes in Thessalonians:
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 1 Thessalonians 5:2 KJV
Paul writes to Titus – about the blessed hope of the church:
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Titus 2:13 KJV
– One reason why the church to not getting ready, and staying ready, is neglect in teaching and preaching these things in the Bible.
One of the reasons for end time prophecy is to get the church ready, and for the church to STAY ready!
End time prophecy is not meant to discourage, confuse and scare.
Keys to understanding Bible Prophecy, the book of Revelation and the end times:
- Revealing Jesus, so people can come to Him, opening their hearts, repenting of sins, being converted and saved. – “The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9 KJV)
- Bring comfort – Wherefore comfort one another with these words. (1 Thessalonians 4:18 KJV)
- To hold fast to the word. – Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. (2 Thessalonians 2:15 KJV)
- Establish you to good work. – Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work. (2 Thessalonians 2:17 KJV)
- Deliver a special blessing – Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. (Revelation 1:3 KJV)
- Interpret the Bible by the Bible. – Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)
- Don’t make up stuff. Some areas are not clearly to be seen, because they are waiting for their time. (“every eye will see him” in Rev 13:3 Antichrist (beast) or Rev 11 talking about the witnesses).
- We don’t interpret the Bible from what happens in the world. Everything that happens in the world is not found in the bible.
- Purpose of end time prophecy is not to concentrate on the negative. It’s a testimony of Jesus.
- There are many MAIN POINTS that are the key topics that are clearly seen in the book of Revelation; Who Jesus is, instructions for the church, the antichrist, coming judgement, new heaven and new earth. Don’t get stuck on if you don’t fully comprehend what the number 666 stands for.
For those without a personal relationship with Jesus; it’s an urgent call to make things right.
For the believer, it’s a call to both get ready, to stay ready, and fulfill all heaven has and reach the lost.
Encourage each member to read 1&2 Thessalonians, and be encouraged.
We have a blessed hope in Christ!