O GIVE thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever! Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He has delivered from the hand of the adversary.
Psalm 107:1-2 AMPC
At once I came under the [Holy] Spirit’s power, and behold, a throne stood in heaven, with One seated on the throne! [Ezek. 1:26.]
Revelation 4:2 AMPC
And whenever the living creatures offer glory and honor and thanksgiving to Him Who sits on the throne, Who lives forever and ever (through the eternities of the eternities), [Ps. 47:8.] The twenty-four elders (the members of the heavenly Sanhedrin) fall prostrate before Him Who is sitting on the throne, and they worship Him Who lives forever and ever; and they throw down their crowns before the throne, crying out, Worthy are You, our Lord and God, to receive the glory and the honor and dominion, for You created all things; by Your will they were [brought into being] and were created. [Ps. 19:1.]
Revelation 4:9-11 AMPC
Heart of Worship : Part one
- In worship we wholeheartedly turn away from everything else, and turn towards our Heavenly Father, worshipping Him because of who He is.
- It is an eternal and holy activity.
- Worship is a spiritual activity, not just a physical or mental activity. Worship is of the heart, and done in spirit and in truth. (John 4:19-24) But it involves your body and your mind. It expresses the honor of the heart. (Matthew 15:8-9)
- You are not a spectator in your life, but a participator. Your worship sets the atmosphere of your life.
In the New Testament church
So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do. Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts. And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 5:15-20 NLT
- As our prayer is unceasing, so our worship should be. (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- Only you can thank, praise and worship God on your behalf. If you don’t do it, it will remain undone, and it has consequences.
- Negativity, arguing, complaining, whining, divisions, hatred, passivity, sneering and scoffing, mean words, doubt and unbelief will result in bad atmosphere. Worship is the beginning point for a heavenly atmosphere.
- By your worship you make Jesus number one in your life, and in your house. That is putting Jesus first, having no other gods, or idols. Idol is something that takes priority over God.
What is an idol?
- Anything taking you from God’s presence.
- Anything taking your attention from Him.
Holy Spirit and worship
- Spirit-led worship, not carnal or from the mind. But from the anointing.
- Music anointed, Lyrics that glorify God: Word-filled, faith and power, Jesus-centered and from humble heart.
Satan wants worship. (Revelation 13:12). Israelites ended up crafting a golden calf (Exodus 32:1-8). King Nebuchadnezzar made an image and demanded that everyone bow before it. The goal of the Adversary is to use any means necessary to have our hearts and lives turn away from the worship and love of one true God.
I desire therefore that in every place men should pray, without anger or quarreling or resentment or doubt [in their minds], lifting up holy hands.
1 Timothy 2:8 AMPC
The Heart of a Worship is
- Pure and holy.
- Heart that is ablaze.
- Full of passion.
- Heart filled with faith.
- True worshipper worships the Father in spirit and in truth.
- Thanksgiving and gratitude.
- Praise and exaltation to our mighty God.
- Worship and adoration of our Heavenly Father.
Everything changed on the cross and on the day of Pentecost. The Veil of the Temple was torn in two. (Matthew 27:51) Holy Spirit came to live inside of us. We praise Him fully, without restraint, no reservations, hearts, hands and voices lifted. Giving our all.
He lives. He is our savior, deliverer, healer, provider and our good Shepherd. And He loves us, and He has all power, and wisdom.
Worship is the highest form of prayer.
These people draw near Me with their mouths and honor Me with their lips, but their hearts hold off and are far away from Me. Uselessly do they worship Me, for they teach as doctrines the commands of men. [Isa. 29:13.]
Matthew 15:8-9 AMPC
Be unceasing in prayer [praying perseveringly]
1 Thessalonians 5:17 AMPC
He exerts all the power and right of control of the former beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell upon it to exalt and deify the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed, and to worship him.
Revelation 13:12 AMPC
And at once the curtain of the sanctuary of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; the earth shook and the rocks were split. [Exod. 26:31-35.]
Matthew 27:51 AMPC
You must know (recognize) that you were redeemed (ransomed) from the useless (fruitless) way of living inherited by tradition from [your] forefathers, not with corruptible things [such as] silver and gold, But [you were purchased] with the precious blood of Christ (the Messiah), like that of a [sacrificial] lamb without blemish or spot. It is true that He was chosen and foreordained (destined and foreknown for it) before the foundation of the world, but He was brought out to public view (made manifest) in these last days (at the end of the times) for the sake of you. Through Him you believe in (adhere to, rely on) God, Who raised Him up from the dead and gave Him honor and glory, so that your faith and hope are [centered and rest] in God. Since by your obedience to the Truth through the [Holy ] Spirit you have purified your hearts for the sincere affection of the brethren, [see that you] love one another fervently from a pure heart. You have been regenerated (born again), not from a mortal origin (seed, sperm), but from one that is immortal by the ever living and lasting Word of God. For all flesh (mankind) is like grass, and all its glory (honor) like [the] flower of grass. The grass withers and the flower drops off, But the Word of the Lord (divine instruction, the Gospel) endures forever. And this Word is the good news which was preached to you. [Isa. 40:6-9.]
1 Peter 1:18-25 AMPC