.. Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus .. (Matthew 14:29 NLT)
- This new year, new level, attitude toward God’s word like Peter.
“I’m jumping out of the boat”
Romans 10:8-10 KJV
“8/ But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9/ that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10/ For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
- With your heart you believe.
- By your words and actions you step out.
Psalm 103:2-3 KJV
“2/ Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all his benefits: 3/ Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; Who healeth all thy diseases;”
- Not based on foolishness or presumption, but on God’s word!
- Faith is believing God’s Word and acting on it.
- Faith is acting on what you believe.
- Faith is hearing the Word of God and being a doer of the Word of God. (Faith without corresponding actions will not work on your behalf.)
Foolishness means “lacking in sense or sound judgement; weak in intellect; unwise; imprudent; acting without judgement or discretion; silly; vain; trifling; ridiculous.”
Proverbs 12:15“The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkens unto counsel is wise.”
If the way of a fool is right to him, then a fool will not take any advice or correction.
Presumption means, “to take liberties; to rely too much upon; to take something for granted; to make suppositions (not based on fact or truth); the overstepping of proper bounds.”
“For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.”
James 2:26 KJV
- Faith includes action/a voice, no such thing as a silent faith
Bible says it, I believe it, and that settles it!
- You step out of the boat by words, and by actions.
Matthew 21:21-22 KJV
“21/ Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. 22/ And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.”
- With the Word of God in our heart, we say what God says, and we jump out of the boat on the basis of God’s Word.
“I’m jumping out of the boat!”