Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images. And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
Exodus 23:24-25 KJV
- Complete turnaround from customs of the culture, and from worship.
- Even to this day, large portion of the world bring food, offerings, gifts to idols.
No, I am suggesting that what the pagans sacrifice they offer [in effect] to demons (to evil spiritual powers) and not to God [at all]. I do not want you to fellowship and be partners with diabolical spirits [by eating at their feasts]. [Deut. 32:17.]
1 Corinthians 10:20 AMPC)
And he hath brought us into this place, and hath given us this land, even a land that floweth with milk and honey. And now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land, which thou, O LORD, hast given me. And thou shalt set it before the LORD thy God, and worship before the LORD thy God: and thou shalt rejoice in every good thing which the LORD thy God hath given unto thee, and unto thine house, thou, and the Levite, and the stranger that is among you.
Deuteronomy 26:9-11 KJV
- Bring holy offering to the Lord, with gratitude.
- Acknowledging that He is the one who brought us out of this world, by the cross and the power of the blood of Jesus.
- He is our source, and all good things come from Him.
They are doomed and their fate is eternal misery (perdition); their god is their stomach (their appetites, their sensuality) and they glory in their shame, siding with earthly things and being of their party.
Philippians 3:19 AMPC
- Passions, desires, purposes have changed. From earth to heaven.
- Satan is the god of this world (2Cor 4:4) – Satan desires worship
.. All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Matthew 4:9-10 KJV
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
Revelation 13:4 KJV
Jesus on the main thing
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.
Matthew 22:37-38 KJV
- Giving is loving
- Loving is giving
- Giving is spiritual
- Giving is worship