And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. Luke 19:13 KJV
Occupy (from Merriam-Webster):
- Engage the attention or energies
- To take up (a place or extent in space) / to take or fill
- To take or hold possession or control of / to fill or perform the functions of (an office or position)
- To reside in as an owner or tenant
“Called to multiply”
“For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods. And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey. Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents. And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two. But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord’s money.” Matthew 25:14-18 KJV
- Multiply and increase with talents and abilities: you are made in God’s image, with incredible potential.
- Jesus paid the price for your sin, bringing forgiveness, and restoration, removing your shame.
- Not just passively wait, but to engage in Kingdom activities until He returns.
- Each individual is vital in their own post.
- KBF: businesses, each involved, moving forward
“Take what has been trusted to you and multiply it.”
Focus (“For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.” 2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 KJV)
United (“And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.” Acts 2:42 KJV)
Helping others with their talents!
“No one idle, all hands working!”
Be focused on the Kingdom on a daily basis.