Foundation Scriptures: Jeremiah 29:4-7; 1 Timothy 2:1-6
4 This is the Message from God-of-the-Angel-Armies, Israel’s God, to all the exiles I’ve taken from Jerusalem to Babylon: 5 “Build houses and make yourselves at home. Put in gardens and eat what grows in that country. 6 Marry and have children. Encourage your children to marry and have children so that you’ll thrive in that country and not waste away. 7 Make yourselves at home there and work for the country’s welfare. Pray for Babylon’s wellbeing. If things go well for Babylon, things will go well for you.” Jeremiah 29:4-7 The Message Bible
1 First of all, then, I admonish and urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be offered on behalf of all men, 2 For kings and all who are in positions of authority or high responsibility, that [outwardly] we may pass a quiet and undisturbed life [and inwardly] a peaceable one in all godliness and reverence and seriousness in every way. 3 For such [praying] is good and right, and [it is] pleasing and acceptable to God our Savior, 4 Who wishes all men to be saved and [increasingly] to perceive and recognize and discern and
know precisely and correctly the [divine] Truth. 5 For there [is only] one God, and [only] one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 Who gave Himself as a ransom for all [people, a fact that was] attested to at the right and proper time. 1 Timothy 2:1-6 AMP
- It is the will of God that we pray for our nation and for those in positions of authority. This is for our own welfare and benefit.
- Under the unction of the Holy Spirit, Paul exhorts us—he admonishes and urges us—to offer petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings on behalf of all men, beginning with those who are in positions of authority.
- When God commands us to pray for something specific—like for our leaders—we should take it personally and hear and obey Him.
- Remember—God is in control! He is the one who brings kings up and brings kings down.
- Daniel 2:21a says that God, “changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings.” The ERV (Easy to Read Version) says: He gives power to kings, and he takes their power away.
- Proverbs 8:15-16 KJV — By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.
- Our time is ending — we have to pray for God’s will to be done!
- God has given us both the authority and the responsibility—we must use it.
- Joshua 10:5-14 — many powerful enemies came out against Joshua and the Israelites, but God delivered them into their hands. They needed more time, so Joshua commanded the sun and the moon to stand still.
- God supernaturally gave the Israelites one whole extra day of sunlight so that they could defeat their enemies.
- Joshua commanded the sun and the moon to stand still—for a reason—to fight and win the battle!
- John 9:4 AMP — We must work the works of Him Who sent Me and be busy with His business while it is daylight; night is coming on, when no man can work.
- The sun is fast setting on the horizon of time—we must have some more daylight for the harvest to come in.
- I am convinced that God will grant us a few more hours of daylight to bring in this harvest!
- We must press in to pray for Finland.
- Pray for this nation to be shaken.
- Pray that the Lord of the harvest will send forth labourers.
- Pray for the provision for the labourers to reap the harvest.
- Finland MUST have another Revival!
- Finland is not ready for what is coming.
- We have got to move quickly!
- Zechariah 10:1 AMP — Ask of the Lord rain in the time of the latter or spring rain. It is the Lord Who makes lightnings which usher in the rain and give men showers, and grass to everyone in the field.
- We, the Church, are living right now in this prophesied season of the latter rain the spring rain.
- You can ask God for rain and He will give it to you.