And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an angel of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush. When Moses saw it, he wondered at the sight: and as he drew near to behold it, the voice of the Lord came unto him, saying, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Then Moses trembled, and durst not behold. Then said the Lord to him, Put off thy shoes from thy feet: for the place where thou standest is holy ground. I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt.
Acts 7:30-34 KJV
But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap: and he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.
Malachi 3:2-3 KJV
The callings and plans of God are delivered with fire!
- You are called to step on the straight road. To get ready, and stay ready!
- We must stay in the fire to keep the standard. (Moses, Exodus 33:11)
- Every christian proven by the fire of God.
- Your life’s purposes, intents and motives have to be sorted by the fire of the Holy Ghost.
- He does a work in you, and then through you.
- We can’t pick up our own plans, fulfilling our own purposes as a response to His holy calling.
- Allowing the work to be done in a life of a believer:
- Receiving the instruction of the Word in a place to receive correction by a godly authority. (2 Timothy 4:2 AMPC) For example: sexual purity, working with your hands, speaking the truth, being a good steward, and a winner of souls.
- Hearing anointed preaching by ministers full of Holy Ghost & power! Operating under the leading of the Lord. (Jeremiah 23:29, 2 Samuel 12:9)
- Hungry to stay filled with the Holy Spirit, to have hands laid on you by people who carry the fire of God, and stay full of the Holy Ghost. (Ephesians 5:18, Mark 5:30)
It’s not about a touch but change!
Inside the Tent of Meeting, the Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Afterward Moses would return to the camp, but the young man who assisted him, Joshua son of Nun, would remain behind in the Tent of Meeting.
Exodus 33:11 NLT
… he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire.
Luke 3:16 KJV
Is not my word like as a fire? …
Jeremiah 23:29 KJV
Why have you despised the commandment of the Lord, doing evil in His sight? You have slain Uriah the Hittite with the sword and have taken his wife to be your wife. You have murdered him with the sword of the Ammonites. [Lev. 20:10; 24:17.]
2 Samuel 12:9 AMPC
Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.
1 Corinthians 3:13 KJV
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Acts 2:3 KJV
Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: and he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
Isaiah 6:6-7 KJV
Herald and preach the Word! Keep your sense of urgency [stand by, be at hand and ready], whether the opportunity seems to be favorable or unfavorable. [Whether it is convenient or inconvenient, whether it is welcome or unwelcome, you as preacher of the Word are to show people in what way their lives are wrong.] And convince them, rebuking and correcting, warning and urging and encouraging them, being unflagging and inexhaustible in patience and teaching.
2 Timothy 4:2 AMPC
For [our earthly fathers] disciplined us for only a short period of time and chastised us as seemed proper and good to them; but He disciplines us for our certain good, that we may become sharers in His own holiness.
Hebrews 12:10 AMPC
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit.
Ephesians 5:18 KJV
And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?
Mark 5:30 KJV