2 Corinthians 5:19-21 (NKJV)
that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
- Ambassadors know what they’re assigned to do!
- Ambassadors know their authority!
- Ambassadors know their mission!
Colossians 1:13 (NLT) says: “ For He has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son”
We’re citizens of God’s kingdom now.
- We know we have an assignment.
- The Bible clearly says: We are ambassadors for Christ!
We’re called to bring His Kingdom on Earth as it is in Heaven – not just through our prayers but through our actions and lifestyle.
Matthew 24:14 (KJV)
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Take a note! The Bible says: “…This gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached…”
It’s time to return to biblical, original, pure christianity. Living like Jesus lived. Doing what Jesus did.
Luke 19:10 (KJV)
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost
- Don’t seek to save your life but follow the example of JESUS!
- He came to seek and save that which was lost!
2 Peter 3:9 (NLT)
The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.
Let’s keep our eyes fixed on the mission God gave us!
- You must know who you are and whose you are!
- We are His children! We are the royal priesthood and a holy nation!
- God wants to reveal His Glory through those believers who intimately know their God!
- Know Him and then make Him known!
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.
- We are His sons and His daughters!
- Jesus gave His life. He paid our debts. He did it for you and me.
- HE LOVED US WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS! (Romans 5:8)
- He said follow me and I will make you fishers of men! (Matthew 4:19)
Matthew 16:24-25 (NLT)
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.
- The cross was His assignment! He was obedient until his death on the Cross.
- He knew this high price had to be paid and the debt of man’s rebellion and sin had to be settled.
Hebrews 12:2 (NKJV)
looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
He gave His life. Now our assignment — our Cross — is to understand that our old, sinful life has been crucified with Christ and now we live by faith in the Son of God. The life God has for us is a new life, life in His resurrection power.
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who [a]believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they[b] will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs. Amen.
2 Cor. 3:3 (NLT)
Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This “letter” is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts.
- We are God’s love letters to this World!
- We represent His Kingdom on the Earth!
- We are His hands, feet and mouth!
We are God’s plan! We are ambassadors for Christ!