“They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.” John 8:4, 7, 10-11 KJV
“A bruised reed He will not break, and a dimly burning wick He will not quench; He will bring forth justice in truth. [Matt. 12:17-21.]” Isaiah 42:3 AMPC
Gentleness, meekness, humility
You’ll face a lot of things! When you do what’s wrong, you should be rebuked. But to chill when rebuked for doing right: that’s meekness.
“All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:27-30 KJV
Lord has a gentle heart!
“Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. [Jer. 6:16.]” Matthew 11:29 AMPC
Humble, lowly in heart, gentle and meek.
“Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.” Ephesians 4:2 NLT
Having a sober, balanced understanding of yourself. Learning to know your heavenly Father and His gentleness.
“Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.” James 1:21 KJV
Receive the Word in humility
- Meekness is the way you receive God’s Word
- New believers are awesome, beauty in teachable heart!
- Wrong ideas, opinions that are not founded in scripture
Instruct in meekness
“And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.” 2 Timothy 2:24-26 KJV
A right heart condition is key when sharing the Gospel, because some people don’t want to hear it.
“Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.” Galatians 6:1 KJV
- Without humility, you are setting yourself up to fail when helping others in trouble.
- Meekness to function together (“Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;” Colossians 3:12 KJV)
- Be as God’s elect: humbleness of mind
- When men have insecurities it can cause him to be harsh to his wife: gentleness is needed!
- You can grow to react less, that is by having gentleness. Then you’ll be out of reach of enemy’s plans.
- You will be stable, solid, consistent believer of integrity.
- And demonstrating God’s Character to the world, in the power of the Holy Spirit.
“Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:3-11 KJV
Jesus laid His life down and we follow Him. We lay our lives down for others as He did.
In Numbers 12; It illustrates Moses’ heart, he prayed for those who accused him. Moses was not insecure, He didn’t feel an urge to retaliate.
- Fast and pray
- Take a look in the mirror
- Choose to walk in love, lay your life down, die to self
- Keeps you steady and unaffected to attacks on your character
- Opens the Word of God: ability to receive instructions.
- Gives us quality of heart so we wont stumble while instructing others, and deliver the message regardless of the attitude of the hearer.