In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. John 1:1-4
We know God’s thoughts and ways through His Word:
- People attend the same church with the same Bible. One understands and one doesn’t.
- You cannot receive God with the natural mind; you have to receive Him with the heart.
- John 4:23-24 – But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
- God needs to be the final authority in our lives: God’s WORD is to be final authority in our lives. Isaiah 40:8 – The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
- The fire burns up the chaff, religion, and tradition. (Jeremiah 23:29 – Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord, and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? )
- Press into Him by studying His Word and following His promptings, the promptings of the Holy Spirit—be willing and obedient. (Isaiah 1:19 – If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land.)
- Quote: Smith Wigglesworth while preaching the message Power of the Word of God:
- “Believers are strong only as the Word of God abides in them. The Word of God is spirit and life to those who receive it in simple faith, and it is a verifier of all who own its sway.
- Know your Book, live it, believe it, and obey it. Hide God’s word in your heart. It will save your soul, quicken your body, illumine your mind. The Word of God is full and final, infallible, reliable, and up-to-date, and our attitude towards it must be one of unquestioned obedience.
- If a thing is in the Bible, it is so; it is not even to be prayed about; it is to be received and acted upon. Inactivity of faith is a robber, which steals blessing. Increase comes by action, by using what we have and what we know. Your life must be one of going from faith to faith.”
- “Great faith is the product of great fights.”
- “Great testimonies are the outcome of great tests.”
- “Great triumphs can only come out of great trials.”
- Psalms 18:30-32 – As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. 31 For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? 32 It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
- Natural persons’ ways and God’s ways are a world apart. God wants to lift us into heavenly places.
- Mark 7:13 – Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
- Hosea 4:6 – My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
- Prayer: Show me Your ways not through the eyes of religion and tradition. Show me Your plan and purpose for me. I will do Your purpose. I will do Your plan. I am expecting to hear, “Well done thy good and faithful servant…”
- Jer 29:11-13 NIV – For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.