“He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come. But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us. And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading. Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds. And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities. And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds. And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities. And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow. And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow: Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury? And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds. (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.) For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him. But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.” Luke 19:12-27 KJV
Occupy (from Merriam-Webster):
- Engage the attention or energies
- To take up (a place or extent in space) / to take or fill
- To take or hold possession or control of / to fill or perform the functions of (an office or position)
- To reside in as an owner or tenant
“When you bear (produce) much fruit, My Father is honored and glorified, and you show and prove yourselves to be true followers of Mine.” John 15:8 AMPC
- Every child of God will give an account for what was trusted to them.
- God has provided us the necessary means to accomplish our assignment (no exceptions, devil is the disruptor: comes to kill, steal & destroy: John 10:10)
- What is your place to occupy? What talents has the Master trusted you with?
- Don’t compare yourself with others, and don’t copy what others are doing. Focus on what He has given you!
- Learn, excel, pray, stretch yourself, grow – say no to fear.
- Don’t let yesterday hold you hostage, God is a God of second chances! Today is a new day, don’t turn your back on Him if you hear His voice.
“The work of each [one] will become [plainly, openly] known (shown for what it is); for the day [of Christ] will disclose and declare it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test and critically appraise the character and worth of the work each person has done. If the work which any person has built on this Foundation [any product of his efforts whatever] survives [this test], he will get his reward. But if any person’s work is burned up [under the test], he will suffer the loss [of it all, losing his reward], though he himself will be saved, but only as [one who has passed] through fire. [Job 23:10.]” 1 Corinthians 3:13-15 AMPC