Nature of Faith – Trust
Who we are as the River
“For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Romans 10:10 KJV
- Heart of joy/faith
- Will He find faith in your heart?
“I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?” Luke 18:8 KJV
- No wicked heart of unbelief
“And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.” Matthew 13:58 KJV
“[Therefore beware] brethren, take care, lest there be in any one of you a wicked, unbelieving heart [which refuses to cleave to, trust in, and rely on Him], leading you to turn away and desert or stand aloof from the living God.” Hebrews 3:12 AMPC
- Good to ask questions and find out. Not all questioning is wrong!
- Unbelief will keep you from God’s promises!
Numbers 13-14 (Israel and entering to promised land)
- Passion to pursue once discovered with a pure heart
- Having confidence before God, pleasing to Him, faith
“Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.” 1 John 3:21-22 KJV
- Speaking is how we declare our future, and form our life
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.” Proverbs 18:21 KJV