Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2 NKJV
- There is a day coming when all we, who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, will stand before Him at His Judgment Seat.
- The Judgment Seat of Christ is for the believer, not for the sinner.
- Some people are concerned only with getting their ticket to Heaven; however, there is more to Heaven than just getting there.
- 2 Corinthians 5:9-10 AMP – Therefore, whether we are at home [on earth away from Him] or away from home [and with Him], we are constantly ambitious and strive earnestly to be pleasing to Him. For we must all appear and be revealed as we are before the judgment seat of Christ, so that
each one may receive [his pay] according to what he has done in the body, whether good or evil [considering what his purpose and motive have been, and what he has achieved, been busy with, and given himself and his attention to accomplishing].
- The Judgment Seat of Christ is not a place of condemnation where your eternal destination— heaven or hell—is decided, but it is a place where you receive your pay according to what you have done, whether good or bad.
- Each man and woman will have to give an account for their lives here on the earth.
- The Fire Of God Will Try Your Works.
- 1 Corinthians 3:8-15 NKJV –
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the
foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through
- Jesus Christ—crucified and raised from the dead—is our foundation—the only foundation upon which one can build.
- You can’t earn salvation with good works you receive God’s grace and mercy by faith. Once Jesus is your Lord and Saviour, you are going to heaven, but it is still important to do good works with right motives. This is where you earn your heavenly rewards.
- Your works are classified as either gold, jewels and precious stones or wood, hay and stubble, depending on what your motives have been.
- Your works will be tested as a basis for recompense of rewards. They will go through fire.
- 2 John 1:8 Easy-to-Read Version – Be careful! Don’t lose the reward you have worked for. Be careful so that you will receive all of your reward.
- 1 Corinthians 3:8-15 NKJV –
- What Will Be Judged?
- Hebrews 4:12-13 NKJV – For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
- Your thoughts and motives will be judged.
- Matthew 12:36 AMP – But I tell you, on the day of judgment men will have to give account for every idle (inoperative, nonworking) word they speak.
- You will be judged for your idle, thoughtless words. These are words that are not productive— they produce no life—gossip, grumbling and complaining, back-biting, judging, criticizing, etc.
- Matthew 25:13-30
- Our faithfulness will be judged. There is NO reward for unfaithfulness.
- So then these are things that will be judged:
Time: Did you use it wisely?
Talents: Did you multiply them or bury them?
Treasure: Money—what have you done with yours?
Tongue: What words came out of your mouth?
1 Corinthians 9:24 NKJV – Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one
receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it.